Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Experimental Self Portrait




So I experimented with drawing a self portrait with various ball point pens. I needed a break from homework haha. My aim was to wet the ink with a brush and paint midtones with the ink but that didn't work out well. Either the ink is waterproof (probably not) or the illustration board held the ink real well. It was interesting to put down ink, wet the page, and then put down more ink over the wet areas...that created a cool texture. Ugggggggh why do I have to have man face!!!!!???? What I like best about the picture is the hair...It's just curly and awesome. Also, as Eric pointed out earlier today, you can tell I'm in "work mode" when I've pulled my bangs all the way out of my face with a dumb clip...It's reeeeeeeeeeeeal attractive hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment