Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 5.....Scanner Leavings

Where the hell are my monster skillz? Why don't I have them? Is my heart to full of the warm smooshies to produce work that is dark or unsettling? Not cool heart!

This is my mer...person(?) picture for monster challenge day five. Totally not a monster. Not even close. What I learned from this picture is that my line work skills in traditional media far exceed that of my photoshop skills and I should therefore sketch and ink all my drawings before putting them in photoshop. I applied what I learned from my Amethyst painting to this picture (always clean up your crappy scans! Always! Scanner leavings are not pleasings!)

Originally I hated my line drawing. It was to boring and generic....It grew on me as I started coloring in though...I added kelp in her hair and barnacles on her tail for interest.. I originally wanted to draw her with fin rot but Eric went all soft hearted and said that that made him to sad to look at lol Fin rot is like fish leprosy. Hahahaaha. (I will draw it.)

I found out in my 5 minutes of research that mermaid fish parts are actually based on manatees and dugongs....I ended up going the dugong route....except I kinda messed that up as soon as I put scales on her. Oh well. I even gave her dugong friend for kicks, but I guess since they are both part dugong they could possibly be lovers! HA!

I'm not sure why but I hate my style. All artists feel like that though right? RIGHT? *Anxiety*

No comments:

Post a Comment