Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 7....OH MY GOD PHOTOSHOP

SO today is day 7 of the monster challenge (by this time its actually yesterday) and today is plant monster. I was real excited about this one. Miner's Lettuce has always been my favorite plant since I was a kid. At a young age I remember playing in the patches of Miner's Lettuce on the side of the house after the rains. I loved the texture, the color, the shape, everything. They reminded my of lilies on lily pad...almost as if they were land lilies! I would imagine that there was a thin layer of water that they were floating on and that I had to wade in the water in order to find the perfect ones. They have always been a source of interest and inspiration. It's one of those things that carries me off into thoughts that make the world around me dissolve if that makes any sense. They have always been sort of mystical or magical to me even though they exist in real life. That's a fond memory I miss. Oh Jibber Jabber. I'm dreaming.

I wanted something less monster like and more serene, tranquil, surreal.




I went crazy with the brushes today and OH MY GOD PHOTOSHOP! SO worth it. I think this is my best piece for the challenge so far! I wanted it to capture the surreal or daydream like quality this plant inspires in me. I love when plants or other objects grow out of other objects (like my interest in the Shope's papilloma virus effecting rabbits, the fungus on the foot picture I did, or in this case, the leaves of the miner's lettuce out of the girl's body). I blame Salvador Dali for this weird love!!!! I want to continue making surreal art. It pleases me.

No comments:

Post a Comment