Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 9......Baby Fruit Bats Are Adorable

So I didn't know very much about demons so I had to look into it a little. Apparently they are found mostly in connection to christianity so they have a lot of religious affilition. They are normally the creatures that take over human bodies. Exorcisms are used to get rid of them. Normally they are depicted as evil beings..usually fallen angels. In depictions, I noticed that the demons are normally shown as being part goat or bat so I followed suit.

I used a fruit bat as reference for this lil creature. I imagined that it was a small demon and would be very afraid of the big world around it. I'd let that little thing nom on my soul!! Lil cutie! After seeing Arvin's awesome centaur and harpy, I decided that I wanted to play with line work for this piece. Not totally successful...I was having a hard time getting the lines I wanted with my uniball...I should switched out for a .01 micron. Oh well. No Regrets!

I might get around to coloring it. Ideally I would want to redraw it for better line quality and then india wash over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment