Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 11...The True Monster....Plus Fanart!

Day 11 is a "true monster," whatever the hell that means. I took it as meaning a monster that is the scariest, beastliest creature to you yourself....so after having a hard day at work I drew this as my truest monster. Lol. Ohhhhh work. So much banging head against wall and screaming at the phone tonight. It went on forever.




Also, I did some sweet Terra fanart! I love the new Terra that teamed up with Power Girl in the Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray series! She's so cute! She rocks!!! Pun intended!!





For this one, I experimented with ways to turn form. I didn't want to have all my shadows to be sharp like cast shadows. Really, I wanted to try and apply what we've learned about rendering form in school. I started with all mid tones. Then I added shadows with sharp edges. With the blending tool I spread them thin to make a smooth transition. Then I cleaned up the smudge in places that weren't even by setting my eraser tool to about a 30% harshness and setting the flow to 1 or two. I repeated this for the highlights. I didn't like that the skin still looked flat so I used a sand texture as an overlay. I think it turned out well! Can't wait to do more!! :"3

No comments:

Post a Comment