Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 20....Daaaaaw, isn't that cute!?

Day 20 is a satyr girl. Satyr's are normally male but they have female counterparts named satyresses....so I guess this is technically a satyress. Satyrs exist in both ancient roman and ancient greek mythology. According to the all knowing wikipedia, the roman version depicts satyrs as humans that have the lower half of a goat as well as horns. The Greek version depicts satyrs as being mostly human with the ears and tail of a goat. These satyrs are companions of Pan and are follows of Dionysis. My satyr is mostly the roman depiction with the exception of the hare she is carrying. The hare symbolizes a shy satyr. This may be the cutest piece I've done. Shy is just such a cute personality trait to depict!

This one is just all sorts of win. I love the lines, the color, the design and even the fact that I got to incorporate a bunny into the picture! I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment