Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 22. Flying Ninja Rabbit Jerks

I'm watching my rabbit fight like ninjas right now. Man, they really don't get along. Rabbits are adorable little jerks and I'm pretty sure they are aware of it! I really should do a rabbit monster. I could make t-shirts with that image! lol

Day 22 is a canine girl! I wanted to pick a specific dog and showcase a specific trait of that dog. I chose great dane as the breed. Great danes are known as racing dogs so I wanted to showcase dog ability to run great distances. I went with a girl runner character. This is dear to my heart because 1.) I used to be a runner and 2.) I used a sketch of the east bay hills as the background. Great danes typically have slender waists and muscular thighs, both of which are traits that I carried over into the character design.

What I like best about the piece is the composition specifically in relation to the background. I thought it would be interesting to have a low horizon that showed a vast background but then trapped that background within the confines of a square box. The character is not confined to the box which I feel pushes the character forward in space.

Eric pointed out the irony of a dog girl taking herself on a walk. I love it! Unintentional!

No comments:

Post a Comment