Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 24....Horses are hard to draw.

For day 24 I didn't even want to do a horse. It just sort of happened.

On the list, day 24 reads as "a multiple legged monster" so originally I wanted to do a creepy crawly. I was looking at shrimp for inspiration because I love the way they move. However, I found that after scribbling a few shrimp, I just wasn't into the idea.

For whatever reason my next idea was a watermelon with spike spider legs. I'm not sure why. It was a really random idea. I didn't go into that idea because for some reason I was convinced that the design I had in mind already existed. I think that I was thinking of the water melon called walter melon from the aqua teen hunger force movie. Ha! So i nixed that idea.

Lyndsay has been talking a lot about how she's looking into buying a pony so I've had horses on the brain for a while. I ended up drawing a pegasus for today's challenge. It's not really a monster I guess and who can tell if it's even female. Oh well. It's alright. I like it ok. I'm quite sure its the best horse I've ever drawn. I think what I liked most is the red lines in contrast with all the greens.

She's a cubby one!

No comments:

Post a Comment