Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 15. Dragon....I bet she'll want some serious snacks

Day 15 is dragon monster! At first I was hesitant about this monster. I didn't want it to turn out like just a typical dragon with the addition of boobs. However, at the same time I didn't want her to be to humanoid to the point were it looked like I just stuck a tail on a girl. Simultaneous, I was wondering as to why I hadn't been liking my monsters for the past few days. Why did my slime monster turn out so well but all these other ones are all....blah? I've come to the conclusion that slime monster was such a success because she had a definite character....a definite story. She didn't come across as just some flat character that exists and floats around with no personality.

Story was something I wanted to strive for a little more in this peice. I wanted it to be interesting and different. Not just some Dragon.

I thought about what kind of dragon I wanted and settled on a fire dragon. What are traits of a fire dragon? Breathing fire. Exhaling smoke. Being reddish in color. Exhaling smoke caught my attention. What if breathing fire didn't refer to shooting fire from a dragon's mouth, but instead referred to inhaling fire. The idea that a fire breathing dragon was actually a creature that was a stoner crossed my mind. I laughed at how silly it was but ultimately I ran with it. In the end, I like it. I feel like the pose should be more slouched but not all the drawings can be winners!

To cool for school man.

No comments:

Post a Comment