Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 13 and Day 14.... Procrastination Sets In

I just finished day 13 and day 14. I didn't want to fall behind and I am determined to see this challenge all the way through!!!

Day 13 Insect Monster

I don't  like butterflies. I'm not sure why. Something about the proboscis. They are essentially straws that the butterflies suck fluid through the same way mosquitoes use their suckers to feed on blood. Gross. What stopping those demonic butterflies from sucking your eye jellies! Nothing. Cover your eyes. They are coming for you!



There's a whole lot of suck going on in this picture. I wasn't fond of the drawing and that translated into bad coloring. At first I tried slapping down color but I didn't like the way it was going to I switched to straight values...That didn't really work either.

Day 14 Dullahan

So, from what I could find about this creature, these beings are like the depiction of a headless horseman originating from Ireland. I wanted it to be a ghostly headless horse lady but, again, because I was not fond of the drawing, bad coloring ensued. I also wanted there to be a glow emanating from the mist and from the eyes of both the rider and the horse but I was having a  hard time figuring out how I wanted to approach that. In the end, it was a no glow.



More suck. 

2 comments: